No compatible USB communication cable
12 Apr 2016
No compatible USB communication cable found.
The problem lies within the spatial view.
Update to version 3.1 if your computer is Windows OS 7 or greater via: Mirus Harvest Software Page.
If running on XP you have to live with the problem. A work-around would be to not have any spatial screens visible while harvesting. To do this you can do the following:
- Enter harvest
- On the Quad screen (click and hold on the quad button=four little squares icon)
- Make sure any Spatial screen are turned off (display other screens like 2 diagnostic windows, graph screen and list screen)
- Click on the graph screen view (icon with the pointy arrow going diagonal)
This will be the screen that you will use while harvesting. Don’t change from this view.
- Now exit and restart Mirus (this will save the harvest view and should not create a spatial view screen when you resume)
- Tap Resume and you’re good to harvest and should not see the crash.
Anytime you Navigate to a different position while in harvest or view a map while outside of Harvest, this will create the spatial view again and you should exit Mirus and Resume to keep from seeing the crash.