Remove all current field maps and data from FRS
25 Feb 2010
These instructions explain how to remove all current field maps and data from FRS while retaining all trait templates, moisture curves, load cell calibrations, scripts, and other custom settings. This can be useful when preparing FRS for use in another location or for the next harvest season by removing all field maps and data from a previous location or harvest season.
Note: If you still have previous field map data in FRS on the Field PC that has not yet been fully exported and archived, export the data as instructed in chapter 9 "Exporting Information from the FRS Database to a Desktop Computer" of the
FRS Note Taking reference guide.
- Export all traits and templates from FRS using Setup > Database Tools > Export data to CSV. Export all "Master Trait list" and "Trait Templates" file types. Additional information is provided in chapter 9 of theFRS Note Taking reference guide.
- Exit FRS and double-tap on My Computer > C_Drive > FRS folder.
- Delete the "Database", "NoteTakingBackup", and "HarvestBackUp" folders (if they exist) from the FRS folder. Tap "Yes" or "Yes to All" if asked to confirm the deletion.
- Warning: Deleting these folder will remove all current field maps, data, traits, templates, custom user logins, and preferences from FRS. Importing traits and templates back into FRS is explained in step 5.
- Note: You may also want to perform a scan disk on the internal flash memory of the Field PC as instructed in our
- Data or job file corrupted or causing lock ups FAQ webpage in case you have encountered corruption issues previously.
- Exit the FRS folder (My Computer) and double-tap on the FRS icon on the desktop screen to run the FRS software. A new, empty database will be generated automatically. FRS may take an additional minute to load while generating the new database.
- Note: If you receive an error message similar to "error loading field map" after FRS has finished loading, it is recommended to generate a new, empty field map, and then exit and re-enter FRS.
- Import traits and templates into FRS using Setup > Database Tools > Import data from CSV. Import all desired "Master Trait list" and "Trait Templates" file types. Additional information is provided in Chapter 7 of theFRS Note Taking reference guide.
- Confirm that any custom settings you have entered previously are intact (moisture curves, load cell calibrations, scripts, etc.). If you were using custom user logins and preferences, these may need to be regenerated.